Spiddal Co. Galway
Geographic market area
Head of Sales
Overall Purpose of the Role
- Develop strong relationships with assigned customers to achieve target retention rates, improved profitability and organic growth.
- Increase the portfolio within the defined Cleanroom business area for the assigned and potential key customers.
- Responsible for overall generation of business growth within the cleanrooms business in his/her region in line with annual Budget.
- Generation of new sales and cross selling opportunities within monthly and annual targets.
- Exploration and introduction of new product and service innovations into the cleanroom sector.
- Keeping senior management aware of competitive activity in the market.
- Manages new business opportunities to achieve annual targets within an agreed price list structure.
- Adopts the prescribed corporate guidelines and processes when acquiring orders
- Structured customer care to ensure customer satisfaction, customer loyalty and further expansion of existing customer business for A&B customers
- Acquisition of new customers
- Portfolio development
- Creating and executing opportunities
- Establishment and expansion of an active network and expansion of business relationships
- Negotiate and conclude framework contracts and conduct price negotiations
- Exploitation of up-and cross-selling potentials
- Achievement of sales targets
- Reduction of the termination rate
- Preparation of calculations and relevant key figures
- Assessment of market potential and competitor activities
- Submission and tracking of offers
- Compliance with the specifications in the assortment manual
- Represent the image of CWS at potential customers, at events and at trade fairs
- Advising and supporting – Production, Materials management, Quality and Customer Support of newly signed customers and the ordering and implementation procedures involved for set up.
- Working closely with the Distribution function to plan the logistics schedule for new cleanroom customers.
- Keeping abreast of competitor activity and responding accordingly if a threat is imminent.
- Development and introduction of new product, services and innovations to the cleanroom market in association with management.
- Identifying cross-selling opportunities within our existing customer base.
- Price increase implementations
Education and Qualifications
- A degree in Business Administration, Science or related qualification.
- At least 2 years of direct sales and/or technical experience in the service sector
- Experience in dealing with customers or key decision makers
- Commercial knowledge
- Clean product and range knowledge would be an advantage
Knowledge and Behaviour
- Planning and organizational talent
- Presentation techniques
- Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Negotiating skills, communication skills and customer orientation
- Structured, autonomous, and results-driven way of working
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and action
- Flexibility and a strong willingness to travel
- Loyalty coupled with commitment