Job Description: HR Admin/ HR Generalist
Experience Required 3 - 5 Years
Reporting To: HR Manager
We have an immediate need for a strong, well-informed and confident individual currently operating as a HR Admin/HR Generalist, but is eager to take on more responsibilities to expand their career. The HR Admin/Generalist will involved in a whole range of HR activities which include recruitment, employee development, employee relations, employment law, compliance, disciplinary and grievance issues and the management of the TUPE process.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Dealing with day-to-day Human Resources queries from employees and management.
- Manage HR administrative & transactional work processes, such as, contracts, probation extensions, sickness absence, and maternity/paternity matters.
- To assist in producing HR management information, statistics, and reports within an agreed time frame
- Participate in the development and implementation of HR policies, processes and programs.
- Maintain and update the HR System (Workday) while providing ongoing support to Managers and employees.
- Analysing training needs in conjunction with managers; planning and sometimes delivering training.
- Support managers in managing talent and performance
- Work with Health & Safety Management to ensure that objectives are being met and appropriate actions formulated to address.
- Other HR-related responsibilities as required by the business
- Responsibility for end-to-end recruitment of operative staff, as well as being the first point of contact for all candidate queries.
- Maintaining good employee relations is at the core of the HR Admin/ Generalist’s role who acts as a specialist on specific areas of employment law, and ensures the wider workforce is aware of company policies and procedures.
- Advising the Management team when dealing with employee relations issues and maintaining good relations.
- Conducts and manages investigations of complaints as well as hearing grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures when required.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter who is keen to make their mark in their next career move with a flexible and adaptable approach in a changing environment.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and take ownership for their work.
- Contract Cleaning or Service Sector experience an advantage.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years solid HR Experience (in particular familiarity with recruitment, absenteeism and disciplinary management)
- HETAC level 8 Degree in HR /Third level qualification in HRM and / or CIPD qualification
- Experience with Workday is preferable