- Support from CWS fire protection officer
- Planning & project engineering
- Instruction / Training
- Visually striking lighting
- Luminaires that are independent of main power supply
Safety lighting - advice, installation & testing
Safety lighting helps people find their way in an emergency. It ensures that escape and rescue routes remain visible if general lighting fails. Safety lighting reduces the risk of accidents and saves lives in an emergency. An effective safety lighting system can help people leave the building quickly so that emergency services can swiftly move to the scene of the fire. CWS offers safety lighting for buildings of all kinds.
In many buildings, this is a mandatory requirement. Following technical and structural modifications to your safety lighting, regular inspections are required. DIN VDE 0108 and the German TrüfVO regulate the details of testing your emergency lighting system, e.g. testing all functions or illuminance.
CWS Fire Safety offers the following safety lighting systems:
- Single-battery systems are used for escape signs or emergency luminaires. They have an integrated rechargeable battery and provide lighting for one, three, or eight hour(s) as required.
- Central battery systems (CPS system) have the same function and operating time as single-battery systems, but the luminaires can be monitored centrally.
- Group battery systems (LPS system) are decentralized and supply emergency luminaires within a fire compartment. These batteries have a minimum service life of 5 years.
- Emergency power generators also work when the power supply network is down. Automatic start-up and load switching are required for all installations for which a back-up system is required by law, such as emergency lighting.
Testing of safety lighting: Please note that safety lighting and emergency power supply need to be checked for effectiveness and operational safety by an expert before first use. You are also required to keep reports of periodic safety lighting inspections for at least five years.
Tip on safety lighting: We recommend installing acoustic warning and guidance systems in addition to safety lighting. The combination of visual and acoustic escape route orientation helps significantly to reduce clearing and evacuation times.
All-round carefree package: CWS Fire Safety plans a concept for safety lighting tailored to your requirements in co-ordination with authorities and experts. We carry out all necessary cabling and electrical installation work and/or work together with your building technicians on the safety lighting system. We relieve you of the overall coordination work and stay with the project until final approval of the safety lighting system. We also support you in the regular maintenance of the emergency lighting system.
- Escape and rescue routes lighting in all kinds of buildings