Escape door hood
- Planning & project engineering
- Available with and without lock
- Reusable, as the plastic is shatterproof, only the fixing straps need to be replaced
- Quick and easy to use, as no electrical installation is necessary
Escape door hood - advice & installation
The escape door hood is used to secure emergency exit doors. Escape door hoods are placed above the emergency exit handle of a door to create an inhibition threshold for improper use. This ensures that nobody can accidentally operate the door handle, as the hood must be deliberately knocked off. It is therefore a simple emergency exit device. In an emergency, the escape door hood can be easily knocked off without causing injury and the door handle can be used.
Escape door bonnets are used to secure:
- Emergency exits
- Fire doors
- Escape windows
The escape door hood is available with or without lock. In the version with lock, the escape door hood can be removed via the lock without knocking it off and the door can be opened. This option is suitable for door systems that must be opened several times by authorised persons, e.g. for supplier traffic.
Components of escape door hood:
- Escape door hood (reusable)
- Fixing straps with predetermined breaking point (exchangeable, usually 1-4 fixing points)
All-round carefree package:
CWS offers you an all-round carefree package and a large selection of escape door options. We will be happy to advise you and take care of the installation of the escape door hoods.
- Optically clear use
Escape door hoods are reusable after use.