Fire protection bulkhead
- Planning & project engineering
- Fire transmission is prevented for at least 30 or 90 minutes
Fire compartmentation - consulting, implementation & approval
Fire protection bulkheads separate individual fire compartments, prevent the spread of smoke and fire and keep protected areas as well as escape and rescue routes clear. For this purpose, openings for cables and other media must be sealed to provide fire protection. The principle of fire protection bulkheads works in such a way that a fire protection mass expands under strong heat (intumescent) and thus seals off gaps. In this way, fire transmission through pipes, cables and other media can be prevented for at least 30 or 90 minutes.
There are two types of fire protection bulkheads:
- Cable penetration bulkheads: Protection by plate bulkhead, multi-combination bulkhead, cushion bulkhead, mortar bulkhead, foam bulkhead and fire protection blocks
- Pipe bulkheads: Protection by a multi-combination bulkhead, mortar bulkhead, sleeves, and pipe bandages
Both variants are available in fire resistance classes F30 and F90.
All-round carefree package: CWS carries out the consulting, planning and implementation of fire protection. Finally, you will receive documentation with photos and descriptions of the individual fire protection bulkhead. This gives you, as well as your insurance company, the certainty that the fire protection system has been installed professionally.
- Prevention of fire spreading to the next fire compartment
- Fire resistance classes F30 and F90