Drinking water separation station
- Support from CWS fire protection officer
- Planning & project engineering
- Instruction / Training
- Hygienically clean separation of drinking and fire-fighting water
Drinking water separation station - advice, installation & maintenance
Drinking water separation stations serve to keep drinking water clean and protect it from contamination, as prescribed by the Drinking Water Ordinance DIN 1988-600.
Necessity of separating drinking and fire-fighting water
Bacteria such as legionella can be life-threatening for humans. 5-15 % of people who contract Legionnaires' disease die, according to the RKI. Legionella bacteria are mainly formed in stagnant water. Extinguishing water stands in the supply pipes for a long time. If the extinguishing water pipes are connected directly (i.e. without a transfer point) to the drinking water network, the extinguishing water can flow back into the drinking water network and contaminate it if the pressure in the pipes is different. This is why a drinking water separation station is indispensable! The protection of drinking water against contamination by non-potable water is comprehensively regulated by DIN 1988-600 and DIN EN 1717.
By the way: In case of non-compliance with the Drinking Water Ordinance, the operator is liable for consequences such as illness or death of people!
Steps to the drinking water separation station:
In the case of a new system, the drinking water separation station is directly taken into account and installed. In the case of an existing system, the procedure is as follows:
- On-site inspection of the extinguishing water supply system or handing out of a technical questionnaire.
- Planning with consideration of existing list of deficiencies, legal regulations, ordinances and guidelines
- Adjustment of the extinguishing water supply system and hydrants in accordance with regulations
- Preparation of the inspection and subsequent preparation of the documentation as well as briefing of the operator
- Annual or biennial maintenance of the extinguishing water supply system according to DIN 14462
All-round carefree package from CWS
CWS Fire Safety carries out the on-site inspection and planning of the drinking water separation station. We also install the drinking water separation station and prepare the final acceptance by a testing expert. We also take care of the maintenance and servicing of the drinking water separation station or extinguishing water supply system.
- Clean drinking water in the building
Through the use of drinking water separation stations drinking water remains hygienically clean.